Friday, May 17, 2013

September 8, 2007--Madeleine L'Engle

Nothing to do with homeschooling or living in Germany, but a lot to do with who I am: Madeleine L'Engle, who died September 6, 2007. She was my all-time favorite author, and I hadn't entirely given up hope on getting to meet her in person until I read the news this morning. Actually, I still haven't: it just won't be here! She's the only author to whom I've ever written a fan letter, in 1990, and I own 36 of her books, one of which my grandma (just three months older than Madeleine) got at a garage sale 20 years ago for 25 cents, having no idea that I loved this author. I have so many favorite quotations that I would soon violate copyright if I started writing them down here. But does anybody know why I can be heard to mutter "Which seven minutes?" when something is taking far longer than it is supposed to? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment