Friday, May 17, 2013

September 25, 2006--our current location

I'd like to think that I should be careful about what I write on here, because the local authorities might be reading this and trying to find out if we're legal. Crazily enough, we ARE legal at the moment (for weird reasons, in my opinion), so that's okay. But anyway, I think a much bigger problem than outright persecution is the indifference, and I'm fairly confident that nobody is busy googling to find out what the Langes are up to. (Just in case, Hallo, liebes Schulamt! Möchten Sie langsam anfangen, für sich selbst zu denken? Wäre ja schön, und wir sind gerne bereit, Sie in solchen Bemühungen zu unterstützen.)


But even though we're legal, I don't let the children outside at home, regardless of the gorgeous weather, until after noon. And we're visiting friends this week who are also homeschooling (and with a less firm legal footing that we have), so our combined seven children all had to stay in the apartment all morning. Of course, we could be criticized because our children are out of "school" this week--but guess what, the next two weeks will be Autumn Vacation in Germany for both our state and the state in which we are at the moment, and our children will all have lessons during that time--but on our own schedule, because we'll be free to let the children out in the beautiful mornings. I hope it's not raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment