Friday, May 17, 2013

July 17, 2007--answers to comments :-)

Nothing like realizing that someone is actually reading this to inspire me to write more! Not that there's really much to write--I just really appreciate people leaving comments. :-)

We were in Costa Rica visiting my host family from my exchange there in 1988--over half of my life ago!! This was my tenth visit, my husband's sixth, the fifth, fourth, and third respectively of the first three children, and the first for our youngest, who will be two next week. Three years and three months since our last visit--the longest time between visits I've ever had. The children learned a ton of Spanish and I'm trying to figure out how to maintain what they learned. It didn't help today that when I started to sing "Los pollitos dicen pio, pio, pio" (the chicks say peep, peep, peep), a song Katie LOVED in Costa Rica, Katie threw herself on the floor crying and said "Abuelita pio pio!" In other words, Abuelita ("grandma"--my host mother) should sing it, and Katie misses her. She wouldn't get into pointing to body parts, either, until her older brother (five years old) started getting some wrong, and she needed to correct him...

Plans for visiting England...unfortunately, there aren't any for now, but will keep you posted, DeeDee!

Also, two of our tentative plans were for Colorado, Carol! But the WISE wouldn't accept a married student and the SOIP at the other base never responded, despite several e-mails and telephone messages, and the dates for that one weren't so convenient, anyway. (I'm sorry, I can't remember which bases for either one, but both in Colorado).

And...my brother has called off his wedding for next February, meaning that staying in Europe or being in the U.S. at the beginning of next year is no longer a priority, and 24 minutes after praying about where we should go and how we should deal with conflicting answers and no answers, and just giving everything (back) up to God, deciding NOT to do any more contacting of YWAM bases, etc., we got an e-mail from the YWAM base in South Africa, responding to an e-mail we sent several weeks before. Their SOIP (School of Intercessory Prayer) already looked the best to us for lots of reasons, the ONLY point against them being that that would definitely mean not being able to go to my brother's wedding, and their response far exceeded any expectations we already had. By far the most family-friendly and incredibly encouraging. So my husband is applying, and if he's accepted and he enrolls, we'll be in South Africa from January to April next year. A prayer center in Amsterdam would like my husband to work with them for awhile after that, and then we might be joining a YWAM team starting up a new base in another country next September--we're hoping to meet the leaders in October, when they're traveling through Germany.

And no, we haven't heard anything else from Social Services, and no nasty letters waiting for us when we got home this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment